Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Meet Our New Team Member – Sue Phillips!

We’ve had an exciting few months here at The Women’s Organisation, and have taken on 2 new team members in our Administration staff! We’d like you to get to know them, so we’ve sat them down and had a chat to find out all about them. First, of all meet Sue Phillips – our new Administrator!

What’s your full name and where are you from?

Sue Phillips from Liverpool


Tell us how your first found out about The Women’s Organisation and became part of our team?

I first found out about The Women’s Organisation when I was applying for the job although I had known about Train 2000 many years ago when I was working at CDS Training for Enterprise Ltd. When reading the job advert I felt that this organisation was very similar to other organisation I have previously worked for and I felt that I would really like to work for the organisation. So I applied and became part of the team!

What kinds of things have you done prior to coming to The Women’s Organisation?
I have worked for 2 other organisations similar to The Women’s Organisation as mentioned; CDS Training for Enterprise Ltd. Which was an Enterprise Agency, training long term unemployed people to get back into employment. We were the first training organisation to teach people working in the print industry on Apple Mac computers back in the 80’s when this was new to the industry. We also helped people starting up their own businesses, accessing grants and training courses.

The other organisation was Positive Impact, this was an all-female business set up by myself and 3 other women. This was a Performing Arts training agency set up for young people from disadvantaged groups, it was very successful helping many young people from Liverpool fulfil their dreams of performing, whether it be singing, dancing, acting or scriptwriting.

Both these organisation were very similar to The Women’s Organisation in the way we worked towards helping people achieve their goals.

What has surprised you about working at The Women’s Organisation?

The thing that has surprised me most about The Women’s Organisation is how much I have learnt in the short time I have been here.


What’s the best thing about working at The Women’s Organisation?

The best thing about working here is working with people who genuinely enjoy being here, which makes my time here very enjoyable!

Could you describe one of your typical workdays?

A typical workday would be opening up the building, dealing with our clients who have booked rooms, arranging refreshments for our courses, checking that rooms are tidy and any unused rooms are locked. We also email or text people reminders who are on our courses or for one to one meetings, and sorting out our post for the tenants,, we deal with tenant’s visitors when they arrive, book rooms for internal and external visitors and set up rooms for the following day! So lots of different things to do!


What might someone be surprised to know about you?

That I was in a 4 piece girl band called Distinction when I was younger! We got back together during my time at Positive Impact and did all the backing singing in our productions, so I was doing finance during the day and on stage during the night!

What do you like to do when you aren’t working?

When I’m not working I still do some finance work for Positive Impact as the company is still going but much smaller due to lack of funding. I also spend time with my daughter and son when I can; we enjoy the same things like the theatre and music concerts. I also visit and spend time with my friends and family when I can.


We're delighted to welcome Sue to our 54 and WO family, and know she's going to fit right in!


No comments:

Post a Comment